Elnur Eyvazov is a Senior Legal Advisor at CLS. Prior to joining CLS Elnur has worked at JP Morgan Chase & Co., New York, USA, British Petroleum, Baku, Azerbaijan, Clifford Chance, London, UK, American Bar Association CEELI Inc., Baku, Azerbaijan, Practical Solutions Group.
He has huge consultancy experience on business law, corporate finance law, business ethics, energy law, investment management, and financial law. Elnur has participated in numerous international and local projects where he demonstrated his high professional and personal skills. Currently he is also a Senior Lecturer of Energy Law, Business Law and Business Ethics and Director of the Office of Diversity and equal Opportunities at ADA University
• Advised and represented ADB and EBRD in several legal projects
• International arbitration experience
• Advised and represented SOCAR Polymer in several legal projects
• Advised an energy company on Share Purchase Agreements and Put Option Agreements with Goldman Sachs International
• Advised SOCAR on the development of a special purpose company concept in Switzerland (and transfer of shares) for the export of natural gas from Azerbaijan to Europe under the Trans Adriatic Pipeline Project governed by Swiss law
• Provided legal advice in connection with employment, migration, M&A, financial law, oil, gas, PSAs, service agreements, international and energy law
• Advised and represented a petrochemical company in review, negotiation and finalization of INEOS Technologies contract package for INEOS License Agreement and Commercial Proposal, etc.
MC.LLaw and Business – Columbia University, New-York, USA – 2012
M.Juris.International Banking and Financial Law, Faculty of Law – Oxford University, Oxford, UK – 2008
LL.MInternational Commercial Law, Faculty of Law – Cambridge University, UK – 2006
J.D. (LL.B.), M.A. Civil and Economic Law – Baku State University, Baku, Azerbaijan – 2003 2005
Office: + 994 12 599 05 59