Samir Gurbanov has more than 18 years of experience in the Azerbaijani legal market. He advised many major banks and oil companies in banking and finance, project finance, oil and gas and tax law issues. Samir has a solid experience in contract negotiation and dispute settlement areas.
- Advised local banks in international financing issues with major international banks
- Advised in corporate and currency regimes
- Advised major oil company in debt raising issues from Government of Azerbaijan for financing the drilling operations
- Advised in corporate, securities and financial law issues
- Advised in legal and tax restructuring issues
- Advised in Islamic banking financing issues
- Assisted foreign oil companies in acquisition of the group of companies
- Advised local bank on a number of derivative transactions and issued legal opinions on ISDA
- Advised local bank in international litigation issues in foreign jurisdictions
- Advised major oil company in EURO bond issuance issues.
LL.M(Master of Laws) in Banking and Finance Law –King’s College London, University of London – 2007
Rutgers University, Certificate in Public Administration – 2003
Bachelor of International law – Baku State University, Azerbaijan – 2004
Azerbaijan Technical University-BA in Mechanical Engineering – 1996
Office: + 994 12 599 05 59