The firm’s banking team advises banks and other financial institutions, companies and governments on domestic and international bank financing transactions across every industry, commercial, financial and governmental sector.
Our experience of acting not only for arranging banks and lenders but also for credit enhancers and borrowers in relation to a wide range of industrial and financial sectors means we are able to anticipate and address the requirements of all parties to a transaction.
Clients benefit from our comprehensive experience which spans the fields of banking and finance, including:acquisition finance, leveraged finance, syndicated finance, global loans, trade and emerging markets finance, real estate finance, high yield, restructuring and insolvency, financial structuring and etc.
CLS also has a strong knowledge and experience in banking regulation and capital adequacy. This encompasses international standards and requirements, EC directives, the rules of regulatory organizations and central bank practice, including capital adequacy rules.
CLS also possesses a strong contentious, litigation and dispute resolution experience inthe banking and financial industry which makes us stand out from the other local and regional law firms.
We can help you manage the effect and impact of financial and banking services regulations through standalone strategic advice, as well as acting as integrated team members on complex transactions.
CLS has an established reputation as one of the leaders in the field of capital markets transactions.We advise on all types of local and international securities transactions, with our practice covering equity, debt, regulatory capital and equity-linked (convertible and exchangeable) bond issues, structured finance and securitisation transactions and the full range of derivative products.
In addition to our capital markets practice, CLS has strong knowledge base and expertise in practical aspects of investment management and investment fund operations.
Furthermore, CLS can deliver advice on Islamic finance and banking transactions for Islamic financial institutions, conventional banks and corporates.
We provide our clients with business consulting services as well as expert advice on a full spectrum of Banking and Financial Industry. Our services include:
- Represent lending institutions in all aspects of finance and lending
- Assist in public offerings and private placements
- Counsel on project financing matters
- Advise on Azerbaijani, CIS and other country’s banking, financial and capital market regulations
- International financial and capital markets and international financial law
- Advise on anti-money laundering legislation
- Advise on Islamic banking and finance
- Advise on Euro bond issuance issues
- Advise on derivative transactions, structured products and issue legal opinions on ISDA
- Advise on corporate, securities and financial law issues
- FATCA compliance
- Investment management, private equity, sovereign wealth funds, pension funds
- Restructuring & insolvency,
- Trade, commodities & export finance
- Advise on E-banking Contracts
- Advise on legal, regulatory and commercial issues related to Electronic Payments
- Advice on Liability and damages in e-banking and electronic finance
- Advise on license agreements in e-banking and electronic finance
- Advise on legal, regulatory, compliance and commercial issues related to E-Banking Products and Services