Vugar Mammadov is the Managing Partner of CLS. During last 12 years he has advised both international and local companies on legal and tax matters. Vugar raisedfrom tax consultant up to senior legal manager, head of legal practice in PricewaterhouseCoopers and Deloitte offices.
• Advised in acquisition of an Azerbaijani bank
• Litigation and international arbitration
• Assisted in acquisition of the group of companies with the legal presences in various European, CIS and Arabian countries
• Advised in several equity and debt financing projects
• Advised in employment structuring, migration and expat taxation matters
• Advised in establishment of Joint Ventures under various jurisdictions between Azerbaijani and foreign parties
• Assisted a local company in negotiations with the major Turkish bank and conclusion of a license agreement on exclusive rights within the CIS
• Participated and led various tax, corporate, HR and other legal due-diligence projects
• Drafted tax and customs protocols of a Production Sharing Agreement signed between the Azerbaijan Government and a multinational oil company
• Advised in establishment of the Azerbaijan Professional Training and Certification Center for Accountants and Auditors
• Legal outsourcing services to the entities from various industries, e.g., banking, hospitality, construction, oil and gas, etc.
LL.M(Master in Law) in Business and Trade Law – Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands – 2003
Summer oil and gas school – ADA University, Azerbaijan – 2010
Bachelor of law – Qafqaz University, Azerbaijan – 2002
Office: + 994 12 599 05 59